Marwan and I just got back from a weekend trip to Palm Springs. We had such a great time and it is always nice to get away from work for a while, but while getting away is great, travel can do some major damage to your skin. Between the flight and the dry desert weather, my skin was in need of some major moisture.
Why We should Keep Moisturized
People with dry skin are less prone to acne but more prone to wrinkles and fine lines. As we age, all of us will start losing moisture in our skin. As the moisture level goes down, the skin becomes less supple and those lines become noticeable. There are plenty of creams available to treat those wrinkles once they form, but the best treatment is prevention by keeping the skin moisturized.
I grew up having very oily, acne-prone skin. I eventually required Accutane to help with the acne. After I entered my twenties, my skin started changing and I ended up having an oily T-zone and dry cheeks. My husband however, has very dry skin! We are talking Sahara Desert. This was helpful for me on our trip because I just stole some of his products plus some extra additions of my own!
My 5 Travel Must Haves for Dry Skin:
- Evian Facial Spray
- I love this spray and use it all year long. It is a great travel companion of flights and for the beach.
- Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist
- This is a great face mist that has a pleasant rose scent that isn’t overpowering.
- Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm
- I’m addicted to Burt’s Bees and probably have 10 lip balms in all of my different bags, my car, and my gym bag.
- Korres Wild Rose Face Oil
- This oil has the added benefit of Vitamin C so it hydrates, brightens, and decreases dark spots.
- Caudalie Moisturizing Sorbet
- Has a great cooling sensation, provides instant moisture, but isn’t heavy or greasy.
I have the Evian and Jurlique in full sizes at home but I keep travel sizes of all these products stocked at home so they can easily go in my carry-on.
Once home I like to exfoliate my skin and then apply a moisture mask to help lock in more moisture. My latest obsession are these individual masks that target specific concerns.
I used this Dr. Jart + mask the same day I returned and my skin is soft and moisturized. I also feel it helps decrease my fine lines but this is usually a short-lasting effect.