National Relaxation Day
It’s National Relaxation Day!!! There are so many ways to relax: yoga, meditation, or vacations. But I love findings ways to spoil myself, so what better way to relax than to go to the spa. I am a big fan of spas, and I love most treatments. While I tend to favor facials and massages, there is a whole menu of services to indulge in.
There are spas around the world, and I have been to some fantastic ones. But I also have a bucket list of some amazing spas I would love to see!
Spa Bucket List
Essere Spa, Siena, Italy
T Spa, Lake Como, Italy
Mulia Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali
Chi, The Spa at Shangri-La, Cebu, Philippines
Aro Hā Obsidian Spa, Glenorchy, New Zealand
- Essere Spa, Siena, Italy
- It used to be a wine cellar. Enough said…
- T Spa, Lake Como, Italy
- The view is absolutely stunning and the T-Spa Suite is great for couples.
- Mulia Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali
- Offer full day or half day packages customized to your needs.
- Chi, The Spa at Shangri-La, Cebu, Philippines
- Based on the practices of balancing the ch’i for health and wellness.
- Aro Hā Obsidian Spa, Glenorchy, New Zealand
- This is the ultimate spa experience. It is only a spa (not a hotel with a spa attached) where you attend week-long retreats that focus on health and relaxation.
What To Do
When I go to a spa I plan at least a half day. Going to a spa is not about showing up, changing into the lush robe, and going straight to the hour treatment just to leave immediately after. You have to stay and enjoy the amenities. If you are getting a facial or body treatment, plan to use the amenities before the service. If you are getting a massage, use them after.
There is usually so much to do. Saunas, steam rooms, salt baths, jacuzzis, ice baths… Show up early and enjoy the time to yourself or bring some friends for a getaway. Most places also offer lunch and beverages so you really can make the time there last.
So obviously my list includes destinations on my bucket list as well! Hey, why not kill two birds with one stone?! Make sure to comment on your favorite spa experiences!