Winter is here and I am incredibly dry!
Winter is known to cause dry skin, even for those who normally are a bit oily. The cold wind blowing outside, then the dry heater inside, your skin is in a constant war to keep its moisture.
Over the past few weeks, I have been waking up with a dry mouth and stuffy nose. I also started getting nosebleeds at night. Finally, one morning I woke up feeling like the Sahara desert moved into my mouth and this was my breaking point. I went onto Amazon and found the best room humidifier I could find. Auto-shutoff, lasts 10 hours, powerful enough to humidify one room, and extra quiet mode so it doesn’t keep me up!
Within one use I was sleeping through the night and my mouth, while still a little dry, wasn’t the Sahara anymore. I love this machine! My eyes are not feeling scratchy, I no longer am having bloody noses, and I am helping my skin stay hydrated.
Top 5 reasons to invest in a humidifier
Moisturize your skin
- On top of fighting the winter weather, I am doing everything humanely possible to prevent stretch marks during this pregnancy. One of the most important aspects of decreasing stretch marks is keeping your skin moisturized.
- When you dry out those mucus membranes, your mucus becomes much thicker and you may feel yourself blowing your nose more often. A congested nose also leads to more mouth breathing which worsens your dry mouth. As I used the humidifier more and more, the congestion cleared up and in turn this helped my dry mouth.
Dry mouth and chapped lips
- This always woke me at night when it got really bad. I immediately started getting relief on day one of using the humidifier.
- These completely disappeared after about 1 week of using a humidifier. I went from the full-blown bloody noses, to bloody mucus when blowing my nose, to no blood at all!
- Dry eyes are uncomfortable and make your vision worse. Chronic dry eyes can lead to a permanent decrease in vision and a scratchy sensation. Humidify those eyes!
Products on nightstand can be found here:
- Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Christian Dior Creme Abricot Fortifying Cream for Nails
- Burt’s Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream
- Vaseline Rosy Lip Therapy
- Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare
- Walgreens Petroleum Jelly
- The Healthy Body Butter -Lavanila
- Trader Joes Midsummer Night’s Cream
- Palmer’s Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks